Events & Marketing Internship
Do you get excited about marketing, events and local businesses? The Lakeview Chamber of Commerce, the service provider for Special Service Area 27 (SSA 27), seeks a part-time events and marketing intern who is interested in social media content creation, event planning and creative marketing. The intern will gain valuable experience in strategic marketing, social media management and creative planning for event alternatives, with the goal of supporting local businesses and improving the Lakeview neighborhood. We offer a $1,000 stipend and will work with students on class credit.
Qualifications and Time Commitment
Strong attention to detail, interest in marketing and event planning (or a related field) and experience creating social media content. Intern must commit to 15-20 hours per week, September 14 - December 11, 2020. You will do most of the work for this internship from home, though we will request that you assist with programs on-site, including Low-Line Market on Thursdays from 3-7:30pm through October 15 and other programs as needed. We will work around your class schedule.
- Digital Marketing
- Develop creative social media content and campaigns promoting local businesses and the Lakeview neighborhood
- Publish articles on Lakeview Chamber’s blog to be included in our bi-weekly eNewsletter
- Stay up-to-date on events and promotions happening with businesses in the neighborhood
- Street Team & Print Marketing
- Create strategic plan for placing program posters in local businesses and organizations
- Event Planning/Kit Offerings
- Assist with the marketing and execution of Low-Line Market (Thursdays, June 11 - Oct. 15), Lakeview Taco Kits, Lincoln Avenue Beer Stroll Kits (Oct. 16), Trick or Treat on Southport Halloween Kits (Oct. 26), Lakeview Tree Lighting (Nov. 22) and Southport Holiday Stroll & Cocktail Crawl Kits (Dec. 4)
- Other tasks as assigned, and there is an opportunity to develop additional projects based on the intern’s interests and learning goals.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Events & Marketing Internship
Applications accepted through Monday, August 24, 2020. No phone calls please.