Investor Services Internship - Fall 2020 and Spring 2021
This is a paid opportunity that begins the day after Labor Day (September 8, 2020) and extends until April 30, 2021. Note that the Internship will extend over both Winter and Spring break periods (although some time-off requests will be considered for exceptions).
This position is a great entry level opportunity for soon-to-be graduating Seniors to gain exposure to the brokerage industry, with potential for full time employment upon your Graduation in either a Service, Sales, or Trade Desk role. While this Internship is within the Finance industry, students of all backgrounds will be considered. The primary skills needed are an open-mind to new experiences, a passion for helping others, a desire to exceed client service expectations, and an interest in learning more about the Financial Services industry. As one of the largest trade volume broker-dealers in the world, you will get an in-depth view of what it takes to work for a trading centric firm.
As an Investor Services Intern, you will gain a meaningful understanding of multiple aspects of the Financial Services industry. Our Internship opportunity is designed to show you TD Ameritrade CAREERS – Collaboration, Academic knowledge, Real-world Education & Experience, Roundtables & Shadowing.
As a member of a high-caliber team of Interns, you will work together throughout the academic school year. The program Capstone is a group case-study project and Final presentation(s) to Senior Management.
- Academic knowledge
In addition to the training you’ll receive to learn how to exceed the expectations of TD Ameritrade clients, you will receive financial knowledge to help with your own investing.
- Real-world Experience & Education
- You will not only receive the training necessary to assist TD Ameritrade clients, you will also apply what you learned in a real-world setting by assisting TD Ameritrade clients via phone, and potentially assist with other real-world situations as well. You will also receive personal/professional development opportunities.
- Roundtables & Shadowing
- Your learning experience is highlighted by roundtable interactions with multiple leaders and business partners, as well as the opportunity to shadow and learn about many departments at TD Ameritrade - including equity and options trading, client service, sales, brokerage clearing, and various other supporting segments of TD Ameritrade.
With our CAREERS approach, you will have the chance to truly see a ‘Day in the Life of’ a TD Ameritrade associate. ‘Learn a ton, while you have some fun.’
- Provide direct, real-time support to TD Ameritrade clients via inbound phone calls in a fast-paced, market-sensitive environment.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to provide the highest level of client service
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients, associates, mentors and management through both verbal and written correspondence
- Work as a member of a high-caliber team to solve problems
- This position is open to incoming Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors.
- All majors will be considered if student can demonstrate a strong desire to work in a Client Service environment and learn more about the Financial Services industry
- Two years of experience working in a service-oriented role is a plus, but not required
- An understanding of basic Internet operations and knowledge of Windows based programs which require intermediate computer skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate and understand computer systems and applications
- Ability to make decisions and operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and efficiently organize work
- Military experience may be substituted in lieu of education and/or experience