Business Development Intern
About Well-Made World:
Well-Made World seeks to create a single, infinitely scalable, platform where consumers, non-profits, and sustainable brands can connect. Our users will have access to the latest sustainable brands, know these brands’ impact on our planet, and be rewarded as they donate to our non-profit partners taking action against climate change.
As a Business Development intern, you will be supporting Well-Made’s Chief Financial Officer and Chief Project Officer by researching sustainable companies, developing and executing social media strategies creating an online voice for Well-Made World which reflects our core values of sustainability, transparency, and fairness.
This role presents a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, startup environment while gaining unique insights into the organizations pioneering innovative sustainable practices. Well-Made will also be partnering with a variety of NGOs who champion environmentalism and are actively combatting the consequences of our human footprint. Work towards making a real difference while earning credits towards your major.
The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial mindset and be a natural self-starter who can learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment while thinking outside of the box. Previous experience with leading a project, data visualization, and marketing/general business research is a plus. Be willing to work 20 hours per week (Monday through Saturday) with a somewhat flexible schedule with considerations for your schedule and/or classes.
- Utilizing our database management tools and working on CRM process (HubSpot / Salesforce)
- Conducting extensive research on potential non-profit/private enterprise partners and industrywide research
- Participating in the capital-raising process
- Gathering data about consumers, competitors, and market conditions
- Analyzing data using statistical software
- Measuring the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies
- Students pursuing degrees in Business, Management, Economics, Statistics, or a relevant field
- Solution-focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Understanding of financial markets and business strategy
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Can effectively work remotely
Additional skills are a plus:
- Time Management
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Database management
- Collaborative nature
- Tableau experience
- On-the-job training
- Resumé assistance
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the startup world and sustainable enterprises
- Flexibility work schedule (10-20 hours a week commitment)
Well-Made World provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.